2022 STAY LONGER PROMOTIONS
CARPE DIEM! BOOK NOW, AND STAY LONGER
One thing that the pandemic has taught us is that life is precious, and that we need to ‘seize the day’. Our yearning to travel is stronger than ever, whether to make up for lost time, celebrate a milestone birthday (albeit, retrospectively) or reunite with family. But the rules have changed. Increasingly, we’re fielding last-minute requests and seeing a shift to spontaneous travel.
Call it ‘stealing time’ or prioritising what matters, travelling within days or weeks of making a booking has become the new normal. Tswalu now has some incredible offers for guests wanting to travel, whether you choose to stay for 3, 4, 5 or 7 nights.
Your adventure begins in one of Tswalu’s two sustainably designed camps, the Motse, with nine contemporary legae (Tswana for ‘home’), or Tarkuni, an exclusive-use homestead for 10, reopened this year after a thoughtful renovation in tune with nature and the evolution of travellers’ needs.
Tswalu’s guarantee of a private vehicle, guide and tracker provides complete freedom to explore South Africa’s biggest privately owned reserve. The wide, open spaces, so typical of the southern Kalahari’s dramatic beauty, await exploration both on and off the vehicle. Actively tracking iconic Kalahari species, like a pride of black-maned lions or a brown hyena, adds to the interactive thrill of game viewing, as do sightings of elusive creatures, like pangolin and aardvark. With the opening of Restaurant Klein JAN, in collaboration with Michelin-starred chef Jan Hendrik van der Westhuizen, the culinary traditions and ingredients of the Northern Cape have become the unexpected heroes of an imaginative menu deeply rooted in this under-explored region. By choosing Tswalu, our guests not only become part of a bigger sustainability story but contribute towards the conservation of the southern Kalahari’s biodiversity.
1: STAY 7 PAY 5
Book 7 nights at Tswalu Kalahari and only pay for 5 nights.
2: STAY 5 PAY 3
Book 5 nights at Tswalu Kalahari and only pay for 3 nights.
3: STAY 4 PAY 2
Book 4 nights at Tswalu Kalahari and only pay for 2 nights.
4: STAY 3 PAY 2
Book 3 nights at Tswalu Kalahari and only pay for 2 nights.
• Luxury full-board accommodation, at either the Motse Camp or Tarkuni Homestead
• All meals and snacks, including private dining experiences
• One complimentary dinner at Restaurant Klein JAN (children over the age of 12 are welcome, at the parents’ discretion)
• All beverages, including full selection from an award-winning wine list
• Private vehicle, guide and tracker
• Habituated meerkat experience, horse riding and bird watching
• Walking safaris and nature walks, including traditional plant-use interpretation
• Interpretative excursion to some of the oldest San rock engravings in Africa
• Introduction to the Tswalu Foundation’s research projects of interest
• Involvement in current conservation projects on the reserve
• Visit to our community health care centre and pre-school
• Wireless internet access and national telephone calls
• Tswalu Junior Ranger programme for children, and child-minding service